Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lunch With The Fam

Okay ok ok ok.... So we have here to your left "primos".. Julieta (I think?) and the token male cousin, Fransico. As you can see directly below the text is the whole group, and it is dominated mostly by middle aged women... (poor guy ha ha ha). Directly below that picture is Valeria and her BF. Whose name I have temporarily forgotten, but is also another token male in the family. Next to that pic is one of Toto (tia rosa) and I. Tina and I were quite exhausted when these pictures were taken because we were on our nocturnal sleep cycle that happens during sunday after you´ve been "out". Ha ha ha... and yes that is straight hair your seeing because on saturday night before we left for the AFS b-day party Belen (tina´s bff) decided to attempt straightening my hair. She was succesful however we were an hour late for the party and what started as a "cool idea" ended up being a two hour ordeal lol. ....Anyways... So at lunch, which was this really good homemade lasagne, with i think proscuitto or ham, i think, as well as beef and all that good stuff. For desert we had this fruit salad thing. which was really good, most of the fresh food over here is really good, that is if you get to taste it between the bites of "vaca" (beef) that they like to fatten all the little girls up with... (ha ha ha..) Flan was also served. In the United States I had been served flan before, but most of it was "Costco Flan", so when they brought the flan out I just assumed that it would be mostly along the same lines right? Well I was a little wrong. Like it still tasted like flan, but like ten times richer. So I..."Oh flan?!" "Me gusta flan!".....No me gusta flan...
But anyways... So following lunch Irene (host sister Ire) had to take off to head back to Mendoza and the rest of us had coffee. I can handle the coffee over here quite well (with out the crack-addict-like symptoms that often followed my caffeination in the U.S.). Possibly because it´s served in these TINY little cups, or maybe I am finally building up an immunity towards caffeine? ha ha ha... probably not.
So eventually Tina and I were able to vacate and head back home and another very well enjoyed siesta. Following the siesta we went to meet a few girls from her university for Coke and Chips (apparently a staple over here)... towards the end of our "Coke and Chips" I witnessed my first real fight!! not even kidding. I watched these two guys kinda looking at eachother and then all of a sudden this other guy pointed to the guy next to the other-other guy and then the two first guys walked toward eachother and then it kinda just exploded and there were like at least forty guys around all of them trying to get them off cause things were getting a bit serious... So they ended up breaking one of the tables and the huge window between the outside area and inside the gas station-y thing. But they must have been lazy cause for my first fight I didn´t even see any blood. (joke joke, it was fantastic..)... ish because there was this dog who hangs around the YPF (gas station restaurant thing) and somehow got himself wedged under the two opposing males and started crying, it was very sad. But the dog was fine. Anyways school school
ciao



9 comments:

  1. I'm a bit confused on who your host family is .... Is Christina your sister? We ate the lasagna-ham dish in VZ too. They called it prositto or something like that. Is the cheese good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha yes the cheese is very good! And my "host" fam, the one that feeds me and such, is Elsa and Antonio (madre, padre), Valentina (youngest host sis) Irene (oldest host sis) and valeria (the girl with her boyfriend in the pic) and she lives a couple flats away. Oh and Tia Rosa, who is in the pic with me. Who is actually also my primary care giver since she cooks all the time and looks after everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is that nummy latino boy you were talking about??? i couldn't find him...maybe his pic truly does him no justice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA HAHAHAHHA.. oh goodness sally dear, okay he´s in the very back of my profile pic, but the guys here are only fun to look at because I will never be able to get past all the "machosismo"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola Tara! We haven't talked in forever! I'm glad to see that you have not been seriously injured and/or abducted yet, though that fight sounds like it was pretty intense! Also, seeing you with straight hair kinda blew my mind O.o

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo boy...he's a HFFA (ask me later if you don't know...lol). Thats all i can say about that tho. k i feel really dorky for asking this, but "machosismo"??? Could you further define that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yo Daughter unit,
    Glad everything is going well down under. It's fun to hear all your stories (including the fight) although I feel a bit sorry for the dog. Glad you kept your distance.

    It's snowing heaps here today. Has been off and on. I could just as well bag winter and get on with spring but maybe will head up Lake Fork later today.

    Jerry's had his first guitar lesson. He's learning Little Wing by Jim Hendrix. He's pretty stoked. His teacher had him plugged into a big amp.. .way cool. He's decided to forgo the new guitar and focus on a bigger amp.

    Keep on writing girl. We love hearing your stories.
    Americano Padre

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha, in reply to sally comment, i´m not actually sure if "machochismo" is actually a word.. but it could be? anyways, i make up a lot of words, sometimes I get lucky and it was actually already invented!!! he he he the boys here are wimpy, they will never CATCH MEEEEEE!! he he he

    ReplyDelete